Being aware of any health problems is essential before trying to conceive. Do you have missed periods, facial hair, or trouble conceiving? If so, you might have polycystic ovarian syndrome. Knowing what are considered PCOS symptoms can help you and your doctor determine what would be the course of action to get you pregnant sooner.
Some women who are trying to conceive do not know that they have PCOS and that it is preventing them from getting pregnant. Trying to conceive can be a constant battle while having PCOS. However, learning more about the condition will empower you and give you the knowledge to overcome it. There is no cure for PCOS but you can manage it to the point where it does not have an effect on your life. Learn how to get pregnant fast with PCOS by following these tips.
This post is about pcos symptoms.
What is PCOS?
PCOS stands for polycystic ovarian syndrome. It increases the size of the ovaries while creating small cysts on the outer edges.
There is not a definite cause of polycystic ovarian syndrome. However, a woman’s genetics and environmental factors can play a role in her developing the syndrome.
PCOS is a hormone imbalance disorder that occurs in women and most are diagnosed during adolescence or in childbearing years.
PCOS makes a woman produce male hormones which contribute to the symptoms she may have such as excessive hair.
There is no cure for polycystic ovarian syndrome but there are lifestyle changes that you can make to help you get pregnant faster.
What are the Symptoms of PCOS?
If you are experiencing some of these symptoms, it is important to talk to your doctor immediately. Before trying to conceive, come up with a health plan that will make it easier for you to get pregnant fast. Here are some symptoms that are correlated with PCOS:
- Irregular Periods
- Missed Periods
- Hair loss
- Difficult losing weight
- Weight gain
- Excessive hair growth on places such as face and chest
Treatment For PCOS to Get Pregnant
There are different treatment options to get your PCOS under control. With advice from your doctor, you can learn how to alleviate your symptoms that prevent you from getting pregnant.
Trying to conceive while not addressing your health issues can be detrimental to you and your future children. It is very possible for a woman to become pregnant with PCOS. However, it can cause other health issues during pregnancy such as incompetent cervix.
Although you might be anxious to become a mother, it is imperative that you are at your best mentally and physically so you can a healthy pregnancy. Here are some things you can do to decrease your symptoms of polycystic ovarian syndrome and increase your chances of conceiving:
- Lose Weight
- Medication such as Metformin
- Birth Control
- Tending to underline conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol etc.
Tips on How to Get Pregnant Fast With PCOS
Once you have tended to your health needs, you can use these tips to get pregnant faster with pcos.
Keep track of your menstrual cycle and ovulation. There are various ovulation tracking applications that you can use to make this easier.
Stay active during ovulation. When you are ovulating, try to be intimate as much as possible. The more baby dancing you do, the more chances you have of becoming pregnant.
Start taking prenatal vitamins before you conceive. Doing this will prepare your body to carry a baby. Here is my go to choice for prenatal vitamins.
- Take a fertility supplement. Fertility supplements can increase your chances of getting pregnant in a shorter time by supplying additional nutrients that you might not get from food.
- Maintain a healthy weight. It’s imperative that you stay at a healthy weight because excessive weight causes hormonal imbalances which will limit your chances of getting pregnant.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Nourish your body with foods that are rich in nutrients. Stay away from processed foods. This can negatively affect underline health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Minimize stress. Life is unpredictable but try to stay away from stressful situations. Stressing can cause your menstrual cycle to come late, early, or not at all. This will make it harder for you to track your ovulation.
- Drink plenty of water. Water is great for keeping you hydrated and removing harsh toxins from your body that can prevent you from getting pregnant.
Having pcos is frustrating but it doesn’t have to consume your life. With the proper changes, you can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
There is so much that we do not know about polycystic ovarian syndrome. Nevertheless, making healthy choices are going to improve your chances of improving your overall health.
Learning that you have a health condition is overwhelming and scary. There are several Facebook groups that you can join that will give you addition information on pcos.
Having a sound support system will easy the burden while battling PCOS and trying to conceive. There are also several channels of Youtube who are dedicated to this condition.
With a little hard work and faith, you will be able to manage your PCOS and get pregnant faster.