By Charlie Daily
Maintaining a clean house can be a difficult task, especially when you have a family who sometimes do not do their share of the work. Kids’ rooms can become a safe haven for dirty clothes, toys, dishes and what ever else they leave in there. However it is important to teach your child good hygiene and cleaning methods. Knowing how to organize kids room can make this task easier.
Having a spot for your kids items can make it easier for them to clean up their room and teach them independence. When your kids are able to clean up their own room, it is one less chore that you will have to worry about.
This post is about how to organize kids room.
How to Organize Kids Clothes
There are a few ways that you can organize your kids clothes that will make it convenient for the both of you. One way is hanging their clothes in the closet. If you have little ones this might be too difficult for them to do. However, putting their clothes in a dresser have many benefits. With a dresser, your little one can put their clothes in its assigned drawer. They can also learn how to fold their own clothes. Another great idea is putting labels on their drawers. This will teach them how to read and remember where each garment goes. This dresser from Amazon comes in a variety of colors, has great reviews, and inexpensive.
How to Organize Kids Toys
Does your chid have a collections of stuff animals? A great way to keep them off the floor and out of the way is to put them in a hammock. This is a great way to not only organize kids room but it makes it easier for them to clean up after they are finished playing. This teddy bear hammock is super easy to install and can be adjusted to your little ones height. Another way to organize kids room is having a toy chest. A toy chest allows a quick clean up. You can also turn this task into a game by seeing how fast your little one can put their toys back in the the toys chest.
Kids book Storage Ideas
Having a small library for your kids is essential to their learning and development. A good book before bed can be relaxing and make going to sleep easier for your them. This book shelf can store several books and comes in different finishes. Your kids book are easily organized making it easy for them to pick a selection to read.
Tips on How to Deal With a Messy Child
- Do not let your child eat or drink in their room.
- After playtime, encourage your child to clean up by showing them or turning it into a game.
- Do not buy your kids excessive toys. The less they have, the less there is to clean up.
- Make it easy for your kids to clean up their own room by having designated spots for their clothes, toys, books, etc.
- Do not lose your patience. Little ones are still learning and need time to understand a new concept you are trying to teach them. If your child is at an age where they understand the concept of cleaning but still refuses to do so, there may be an underline issue that is bothering them.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.